Work in Lilt is accomplished through Jobs. Jobs hold one or more Projects, and Projects hold documents for translation. Lilt’s Job creation process makes things easy for you by automatically creating separate Projects for each target language. Having multiple Projects grouped under one Job makes Projects easier to manage and track progression on.
Creating a Job
Create a new Job by navigating to the
Jobs tab and clicking the
New Job button in the upper-right. This opens up the Job creation popup form.
Enter Job details and upload files
The first screen of the Job creation popup form is where you fill out the Job information, add source files, and add reference materials.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Job name
- Source language
- Deadline (optional); Job deadlines can be different that Project due dates
- Upload source files for the content you want to be localized. At least one source file must be uploaded to create a Job. You can drag and drop the files into the box, or you can click the
Importbutton to browse for files on your computer. See the Supported File Formats article for a full list of file formats that Lilt supports.
- Optionally, upload any relevant reference materials to aid linguists during localizing.
Source files and reference materials get added to all Projects under this Job. Additional source files and reference materials can be manually added later, but must be added to each Project individually.
Once you are finished, click
Next: Select Target Languages to advance to the next screen.
Select target languages and memories
The second screen of the Job creation popup form is where you select the target languages and their corresponding Lilt Memories. Each target language you select will generate a Project held within the Job.
- You can add as many languages as you need, but a target language cannot be selected twice.
- Select from an existing Lilt Memory or create a new one. You can create a new Lilt Memory by typing out what you want the name to be and then clicking the
Create New Memorybutton. Once a Project is created, the associated Memory cannot be changed.
- Optionally, set a due date for the Project. This can be added or changed later in the Project Settings. Job deadlines can be different that Project due dates.
Default Project settings can be modified in the Organization Settings area.
Once finished, click the
Create Job button and Lilt will:
- Create the Job and add it at the top of your Jobs list.
- Create a Project (within the Job) for each target language and set each Project’s state as
Ready To Start.
- Populate each Project with the documents and reference materials you uploaded on the first screen.