Over the past several months, Lilt has been focused on developing a newer, better version of Lilt Translate, our CAT editor. The full migration will occur on June 23rd, 2021. At that time, the legacy version of the CAT editor will be retired.
Read on to learn more!
What improvements can you expect from the new version?
You can expect several things from this newest version, including:
- Faster MT suggestions 🚀 - reduced MT waiting time
- Consolidated Sidebar 🍫 - The number of tools has been reduced to combine Search Memory, Segment Metadata, and Terminology into one menu
- Support for Non-Translatables (NTs ) ⛔️ - Words or phrases that should not be translated will appear with a tag-like structure
- More Views 🪟 - More ways to manage the view of your document under the View menu
CAT Editor changes from the previous version
You can also expect several feature changes, including:
- The Sidebar is now the segment context menu and remains open by default
- Terminology terms for a given segment shows in the segment context sidebar
- 100%/101% TM matches that are in scope must be confirmed by the linguist
- Segments that have 100% and 101% TM matches have an indication on each segment
- Segments with empty targets cannot be confirmed; you must now enter something in the segment
- Fuzzy Matching
- Fuzzy matching is visibly improved
- Commenting and error flagging are separated into translate and review mode
- Error flagging
- Reviewers must leave a comment if changing a segment for enabled accounts
A few features will also be retired in the newest version, including:
- Document Downloads (customer projects)
Lilt Translate videos
We also have a current open issues list and are working to improve the CAT editor in these areas:
- Fail to save position when moved
- Tags in the source sometimes don’t match the tag IDs in the target
The CAT editor should work with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge browsers, but we recommend using the Chrome browser for best performance and an easier time moving tags around.
How can I tell if I’m using the newest version?
You can tell that you’re using the new version if the navigation toolbar looks like this:
What do NT structures look like?
NTs are tag-like structures that can be moved around in the segment target, but these structures cannot be deleted or edited. Your SM will let you know if any of the content you translate will have these kinds of tags.
What if I need help or support?
Please contact your SM for questions about your project. If you need help with the new CAT editor or have CAT editor related questions, you can use the regular support channel firstname.lastname@example.org. Support will make sure any questions are routed to the correct contact.