For on-premise customers only, Lilt has a Quick Translate Document feature that allows you to easily batch translate multiple documents of the same source language at once using Lilt’s Machine Translation (MT).
Quick Translate Text tool usage
- Select a source language, target language, and Lilt Memory to use for translation.
- Upload one or more documents with the same source language. There are several options for uploading documents.
- Drag and drop files into the interface.
- Click the
Upload Filesbutton to browse files on your computer.
- Click the
Upload A Directorybutton to select an entire folder of documents to upload.
- File limitations:
- Each batch translation can contain at most 200MB of documents.
- Supported File Types.
- Only one source language can be processed at a time. If any documents are uploading that uses a language different from the selected source language, the uploaded document will show an error: “Source language doesn’t match”.
- After adding documents, Lilt will work to upload each of the documents.
- Once all documents have been successfully upload, the text “Uploading finished” is displayed in the bottom-left with a check mark icon.
- After all documents have finished uploading, click the
Translatebutton to begin translating the documents. Lilt will work to translate each of the documents.
- Once the documents have started translating, Lilt will add a link in the notification area that you can use to return to Quick Translate at any time. While the documents are translating, you can navigate away from the translation tool and use other parts of the Lilt platform. Lilt does not send a notification when the files are ready, so you can use the original notification link to periodically check up on the translation status.
- Translated documents are displayed with a green check mark and can be downloaded individually using the
- Once all documents are translated, the progress indicator in the bottom-left will display that all files have been translated successfully, and you will now be able to use the
Download Allbutton to download the documents all at once as a ZIP file.
- To start a new batch translation job, click on the
Start Overbutton in the bottom-left.
Creating a custom role for quick translator
In order for members of your organization to utilize the Quick Translate tool, they will need to be able to view your organization's Lilt Memories. The Default Roles of admin and manager have this access, but the translator and reviewer roles do not.
You can grant additional members of your organization access to view Lilt Memories by creating new Custom Roles:
1. Log in to Lilt using an account with the
2. Open the
3. Open the
Roles page left sidebar.
4. Click the
New Role button.
5. Set up the permissions for the role. You can reference the Default Roles to copy the permissions of an existing role. For this role to be able to access Lilt Memories in the Quick Translate tool, make sure to turn on the permission to
Memories, as shown in the screenshot below. Once you have set all the desired permissions, click the
Create button to create the role.
6. Navigate to the
Members page and assign the desired users to the new role. These users will now be able to see existing Lilt Memories in the Quick Translate
Memory selection dropdowns: