Lilt integrates with many different technologies for easier continuous localization, file sharing, and communication. For technical users who want to implement real-time customizable integration with Lilt, see:
Within the Lilt Application, you can find the list of Connectors at:
You can also find the connector menu by hovering over your user icon in the top-right of the Lilt application and selecting Account > Integrations.
Integrating with Lilt via Connectors
There are 3 steps to integrating with any connector.
1. Select the software that you want to connect with:
In this example, we are selecting "Google Drive". The workflow will be identical with other software that Lilt integrates with.
2. Select the location of the content that you want to translate:
After you select the software integration type, you will see a browser option that allows you to select the data that you want to translate. In this example, it is a "Google Drive Folder", because Google Drive is arranged in Folders. If you selected Zendesk Sections, it would show you a list of Sections to choose from in an almost identical interface.
We are selecting the "August 19 Campaign" folder here, and the connector will then import everything from that folder into the Lilt platform.
If you want to select data from multiple locations, then you can add multiple connectors to your Project. You will only need to select the new location with each new connector, so it will be fast to add additional connectors after the first one.
3. Select how often you want to synchronize with Lilt and the language(s) that you want to translate into:
The 3rd and final menu will show you:
- The location that you chose to pull data from (already populated from the last menu)
- The name (projects label) that you want to give to the Lilt Project. This is where the documents will be translated within the Lilt Platform. We are calling the Project "August 19 Campaign Translations" in this example.
- The import schedule: how often you want to check for new content to translate. Here, we have selected "Every day", meaning that the "August 19 Campaign" folder in Google Drive will be checked once each day for new documents to translate.
- The exported languages (target languages). Here, we have selected English-to-Spanish and English-to-French, which means that everything in the "August 19 Campaign" folder is in English, and we want that content translated into both Spanish and French.
The translated files will be returned to you in different ways depending on the type of connector. For our Google Drive example, we will return the translations as new files with the language code prefixed. For example, "emailtemplate.html" will be translated as "[en -> es] emailtemplate.html" and "[en -> fr] emailtemplate.html". This will be true for other connectors where files are stored in a format similar to a directory structure, like GitHub or S3.
If you are using software that natively models translations, then we will update the original files by adding the translations in the new languages. Examples of software that natively model versions/translations include ZenDesk articles and Salesforce Knowledge articles. Lilt will update those articles once the translations are completed and reviewed, with no extra work on your part.
If you have different filtering requirements for exactly what needs to be selected for translation, let us know. It is often a simple process to work out a strategy or filtering process that works for everyone.
You don't have to worry if you have JPEG files or similar media files at the locations that you want to translate, because Lilt will ignore any files that we don't currently support for translation. For the list of the supported file formats, which we are continually updating, see:
Editing Connectors and Syncing Immediately
You can view your connectors back at main Integrations page. You can now see the new connector here, with three pieces of information/options:
- The name that you choose for the Project "August 19 Campaign Translations".
- A button to immediately synchronize your data, in case you don't want to wait until the scheduled synchronization time for time-critical work.
- A button to edit the settings of your connector. This will bring up the same configuration screen that you saw above where you can now edit this connector. You can also delete the connector entirely with this option.
Can I use a combination of connectors, the user interface, and the API for one project?
Yes, there are no restrictions on how you can add and access your documents in Lilt.
If you are using connectors for your project, you can also upload or download documents via Lilt's API. Alternatively, you can also upload documents directly via the application's user-interface and download the translations from the same UI. It is up to you.
Which connectors are supported by Lilt?
For the most up-to-date list of connectors supported by Lilt, see:
Lilt takes care of integration for me: do I need to do anything differently?
Probably not. If Lilt is taking care of integrations for you, then someone at Lilt will go through the integration process for you and you don't have to worry about it! For some connectors, you still might need to provide credentials to connect Lilt to your data. If that is the case, then your Lilt account executive will let you know how to do that for your particular needs. It is typically a short, one-off process.
What if I don't see a connector that I want to connect with?
Please let us know if you don't see a connector that you want to connect with. We are continually adding new integrations to our platform. We currently import data from more locations and software than we list on our connectors page, so there is a chance that we might support your software already!