Using Project custom properties, you can add metadata to a Project’s TM entries. This metadata is included when you deliver your Project to an external system, which can be particularly useful if you have Lilt connected to an external Content Management System (CMS). For example, you could use metadata to add reference IDs for external systems like ticket numbers or configuration settings. Custom properties are also useful in managing metadata that gets used for automation/API purposes.
By default, custom properties metadata only affects the Project; it does not add metadata to the associated Lilt Memory and does not affect other Projects using the associated Lilt Memory.
To manage a Project's custom properties, open the desired Project, navigate to the
Settings page on the left sidebar, and scroll down to the
Custom Properties section.
This sections below discusses adding, editing, and deleting custom properties. It is important to note that changes to custom properties are only applied if you click the
Save button at the bottom of the
Custom Properties section.
If you want to undo any changes you have made, simply refresh the page without clicking the
Save button and the changes will be reverted.
Adding custom properties
Custom Properties section, click the
Add Custom Property button to add new empty entries.
Each entry has the following fields to fill out:
- Propagate (checkbox):
- If not selected, the custom property will only exist as metadata within the Project.
- If selected, the custom property becomes locked and is added to all the associated Lilt Memory’s TM entries. This means other projects using the same Lilt Memory will also be affected. Locked custom property entries cannot be edited, but can be deleted. Be careful when propagating; propagation is not always easily undone for the following reasons:
- Deleting a custom property from a Project does not delete it from the associated Lilt Memory.
- An existing custom property with the same name as your new custom property will have its value overwritten in all the Lilt Memory’s TM entries.
- Name (text field): Add the name of the custom property. This is a unique identifier of the metadata field. If you use the same name as any existing custom properties, the existing value will be overwritten.
- Value (text field): Add the value of the custom property.
When finished adding new entries, click the
Save button to apply any changes you have made.
Editing custom properties
If you need to edit any custom property entries, click the name or value text fields, modify the text, and click the
Note that locked custom properties cannot be edited from the Project settings page. Instead, you can edit the name field on the associated Lilt Memory’s Settings Page, and you can edit the value field on an individual basis for each of the Lilt Memory’s TM Entries.
Deleting custom properties
If you need to delete any custom properties, click the trash icon for each entry you want to remove and then click the
Save button to permanently delete them.
Deleting a custom property from a Project will only remove it from that Project. If any custom properties were propagated to the associated Lilt Memory, you can delete them on the Lilt Memory’s Settings Page.