Lilt + Magento connector enables companies to automatically push and pull web content between Magento and Lilt. This saves you time by providing seamless localization while letting you continue to work in the systems you know.
1. In Magento, open
Lilt Translator >
2. Navigate to
Translator Activation >
Activation Key, add your Lilt API key, click
Validate, and then click
3. Update the Cron Settings to the desired polling frequency and time. The extension will check the Translation Job statuses with Lilt API service at the specified time.
4. Typically, only a few attributes for a Magento content type are translatable (such as product or category). The extension preselects typical translatable attributes, but you can update this manually under the
Default Attributes setting.
5. Click on
Save Config to save your changes.
Once the connector is configured, content is moved between Lilt and Magento as outlined in the sections below.
1. Click on
Lilt Translator >
Translation Jobs. This view displays the job management screen with status information for current and past translation jobs and creates new jobs. Click on
Add New Job to create a new Translation Job.
2. Specify Job Details: source language, source store view, target language, target store view, translation Memory ID, and translation job name. The corresponding Lilt Project will be named the same as the translation job name. Click
Next once done.
3. Select the Products, Categories, Pages, and Blocks to translate.
4. Review the summary and click on
Create Job to create the translation job. The Initial status of the translation job will display as “Creating translation job”.
5. Once the extension has exported the content to Lilt, the status of the job will change to “Not yet started”.
As the Lilt Project moves through the translation lifecycle, the extension will poll the Lilt API service for status updates based on the Cron Settings. Alternatively, the
Refresh button can be clicked to fetch and update the status manually.
Once the Lilt Project moves to the
Done state, the Magento task status is updated to “Translation Done”, and the translated content is transferred to Magento where the translation can be applied.