The Lilt + XTM Cloud connector enables companies to automatically push and pull web content between XTM and Lilt for seamless localization. This saves you time and allows you to continue working in the systems you know.
At a high-level Lilt's XTM LSP connector handles:
- Submission via XTM: Create new projects in Lilt by creating a project in XTM using a project template assigned to the Lilt LSP.
- Project Progress: Using XTM, check on the status of the content you sent to Lilt for localization.
- Delivery to XTM: Lilt to deliver localized content to XTM for approval.
- TM Creation: Use XTM to select a TM you want uploaded to Lilt.
- TM Write-back: Update XTM translation memories with Lilt changes.
How it works
The XTM LSP connector allows Lilt to provide first class vendoring support as an official XTM LSP. In order to function as an XTM Vendor, Lilt maintains it's own vendor instance of XTM. This is used solely to connect with a customer's existing instance of XTM and facilitates delivery of XTM content to and from Lilt.
The REST API monitors and pulls in new customer projects as they appear in Lilt's XTM instance. Once the projects are in Lilt they go through the normal MT + human in the loop localization process. When a project has been moved to the
done column, it triggers the REST API to deliver the localized content back to XTM. Lilt's XTM instance is used for project intake and delivery purposes only, no localization work is done within the XTM platform.
- Create a project/workflow template that assigns the Lilt LSP to the translate step. Additionally, this workflow will define any additional steps to be carried out once Lilt has returned the localized content.
- Create a translation project in XTM using the project template.
- The following properties defined during project creation will be carried over to Lilt:
- Project name
- Due date
- Source language
- Target language(s)
- Translation memories
- The connector will use the XTM REST API to check the Lilt XTM instance for new projects that have been assigned to the Lilt customer and import those files into Lilt for translation; Lilt translators complete the translation.
- When the translation is done, Lilt sends the translated content back into XTM and advances the workflow step.
Setup + Configuration
Customer adds Lilt adds Lilt as an LSP within their instance of XTM.
- Go to the Users tab > LSPs > and click Add LSP.
- The customer will have to fill in the fields marked with a red asterisk, and click the Add button.
- For additional information reference XTM's documentation on How to set up subcontracting in XTM.
- The process for the customer adding Lilt as an LSP within their XTM instance will trigger XTM to send an email to the address specified in 4 above. Once Lilt has added the customers credentials (specified in the email) to Lilt's XTM instance, XTM will send an email back to the customer with instructions for how to complete the handshake process.
- The customer can complete the process by heading to the User tab > LSPs > and click the Lilt LSP to open the LSP editor. Navigate to Connection and fill in Connection information from the LSP using the information provided to the customer [via email] by XTM.
- The customer now has the ability to assign Lilt as the LSP for a particular project.
Building a workflow with Lilt
- In order for a customer to use XTM to send content to Lilt for localization a workflow that assigns the Lilt LSP to the translate step needs to be established.
- This can be accomplished by creating one or many XTM project templates which they can use to send content to Lilt for localization. The case for a customer having more than one Lilt specific project template would be to accommodate different localization workflows.
- Navigate to the Projects tab and click Add Project.
You can now define the following attributes for your template:
- Customer Name*
- Project name*
- Source language (one)*
- Target languages (many)*
- Subject matter
- For additional information reference XTM's documentation on How to create a project template.
- Once you have specified your desired template properties and workflow click Save a template to create the template.
- Head to the template and navigate to the workflow subpage. Here will see the workflow you assigned to the project template.
- We now need to assign the Lilt LSP to the translate workflow step, in order to ensure projects created using this template are sent to Lilt for localization.
This is also the point when you should define any additional workflow steps XTM to carryout once Lilt has returned localized content.
- For additional information reference XTM's documentation on Setting up and monitoring project workflows in XTM.
- Click the save button to finalize your template.