This article outlines terminology usage across the Lilt platform and knowledge base.
Lilt Memories are managed from the Memories tab. Each Lilt Memory aggregates the following linguist assets:
- Translation Memory (TM): A collection of TM entries.
- TM File: A TMX file containing a collection of TM entries.
- TM Entry: An individual source/target TM segment. TM Entries can be added into a Lilt Memory via:
- Importing a TM File.
- A reviewer confirming a segment via the CAT Editor.
- Manual entry using Lilt’s TM editor.
- Termbase (TB): A collection of TB Entries.
- TB File: A CSV, TBX, or XLSX file containing a collection of TB entries.
- TB Entry: An individual source/target TB segment. TB Entries can be added to a Lilt Memory via:
- Importing a TB File.
- Manual entry using the TM editor.
- Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT): Human translation completed with help from computer software. This is also sometimes referred to as machine-assisted translation.
- Machine Translation (MT): Automated translation completed by the computer without a human translator.
- Machine Translation Post-Editing (MTPE): A task assigned to a human translator to post-edited machine translations, often with the goal of achieving human-translated results.
- Translation Management System (TMS): Software that helps manage and automate the translation process by:
- Organizing localization workflow.
- Tracking progress of translation projects.
- Reducing manual tasks via automation.