|REVIEWER ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES|
Required competencies (the following competences are aligned with Lilt’s QMS, as well as ISO 17100: Translation Services Requirements, NB: ‘reviewer’ term in Lilt corresponds to the definition of ‘reviser’ in ISO 17100 (2.2.6)):
- all the translator competences defined in the ‘Translator Role and Responsibilities’
- revision/review experience in the domain
The reviewer role incorporates the description of a translator role, plus:
Thorough reviewing and auditing of the translation.
- Logging the corresponding error types and commentary in Lilt platform for every revision made.
- Ensuring that the errors are logged and categorized consistently and fairly in accordance with the Lilt Reviewer Guidelines.
- Providing clear, coherent and constructive comments to explain the errors and rationale for changes using the comment functionality in Lilt.
Resolving any pending comments left by the translator and implementing appropriate corrections.
- Ensuring the translator’s tasks have been completed.
- Ensuring the language assets and TSF have been adhered to, including brand guidelines and customer instructions.
Communicating with the services team, raising queries, unresolved translator comments, escalating issues, and conveying potential impacts on the delivery in a timely manner.
- Providing objective data and constructive subjective feedback on the reviewed translation.
- Ensuring the feedback for translators is in line with the customer requirements and is aimed at continuous improvement of the overall quality of the content.
- Taking accountability for the received feedback after Language Quality Audit (LQA) and working with the services team to rectify quality non-conformances and implement corrective actions.
SLA (the following SLA terms and definitions are based on Lilt’s QMS, and adopted the translation service requirements of ISO 17100):
Product use: The reviewer:
- is responsible for human quality output
- shall perform review tasks in Lilt
- implements corrections, assigning the corresponding error categories and comments
Deadlines, turnaround and schedule:
The reviewer commits to >98% delivery on time, based on pre-agreed delivery schedule. Extension requests to not exceed 5% of project count on a weekly basis.
The reviewer commits to <5% error rate based on Lilt Quality Framework as a result of Language Quality Audit (LQA).
Productivity and output:
Productivity Range as communicated by Services Team.
Service Level Commitment:
The reviewer shall adhere to all translator SLA terms and definitions, as well as:
- The reviewer shall examine the target language content against the source language content for any errors and other issues, and its suitability for purpose. Corrections can include retranslation.
- Any errors or other issues affecting target language content quality should be corrected, and the process repeated until both the reviewer and Lilt services team are satisfied.
- The reviewer shall inform the services team of any corrective actions taken or to be taken.
If you have any feedback or questions regarding the reviewer role, please fill out this form.