Lilt can integrate with GitHub and GitLab to automate the import and export of files from a repository. This article describes:
- How to set up a Lilt / GitHub or GitLab integration
- How to sync and maintain the integration
- The structure of exported files back to GitHub or GitLab
Note: You must be a project administrator to set up any integrations.
How to set up a Lilt / GitHub or GitLab integration
- Sign in to Lilt. From your profile in the main menu, select Account, Integrations, and then GitHub or GitLab
- (for GitHub only) Input your GitHub username and personal access token.
- Learn more about generating a personal access token from GitHub's support guide here.
- Fill out the appropriate information in the configuration screen.
- Repository: The URL of your repository (username/repo)
- Source Branch: The branch that contains the documents to translate.
- Target Branch: The branch where translated documents will be exported to.
- Import folders: The names of the folders with documents to import.
- Export folder: The names of the folder where translated documents will be exported to.
- Imported projects label: This is both the name of the Project that will be generated, and the name given to this specific connection.
How to sync and maintain the integration.
Once an integration is created, it will be listed under GitHub or GitLab on the Integrations page based on the name in "Imported projects label."
Here you can:
- Manually sync the data between Lilt and GitHub or GitLab. Lilt will immediately check for new content.
- Edit the settings of the integration. You can also delete the integration here.
Exporting files back to GitHub & GitLab
Once files have been translated, Lilt will export them back to GitHub or GitLab in the folders that were specified in the configuration window.
- Do I need to give Lilt my GitHub or GitLab credentials?
- No. Lilt only needs the URL of the repository you want to translate, and a personal access token for GitHub integrations.
- What type of files will Lilt automatically import? What happens if my folders have JPEGs in them?
- Lilt will only import supported files for translation. It will ignore unsupported files, including images.
- The full list of supported file filters in Lilt is located here.
- Will Lilt automatically re-import content if it is changed?
- Yes. Lilt checks for modified files in the designated GitHub or GitLab repo.