Each Lilt Memory has its own Translation Memory (TM) containing source/target pairs, called TM entries. TM entries are used to match against segments that need translating to improve translation speed and consistency.
Where TM matching is used in Lilt
- TM segment suggestions: When working in the Editor, translation suggestions are provided for the active segment. If there are any matching TM entries that meet a 75% similarity threshold in the associated Lilt Memory, then the highest matching TM entry is displayed at the bottom of the segment.
- Pretranslation: When Pretranslation is run, any segments that have 100% or 101% matches with TM entries in the associated Lilt Memory are translated.
- TM Leveraging: Lilt automatically leverages TM entries in the associated Lilt Memory to populate the target text of empty, unreviewed segments with 100% or 101% matches. This is performed across all documents that share the Lilt Memory.
- Auto-Propagation: When a linguist confirms or accepts a segment in the Editor, Auto-Propagation updates matching segments (100% and 101%) with the same changes.
TM match types
|Match percent||Match name||Match description|
|>75%||Fuzzy Match||The segment has similar words to a TM entry, but there are significant differences.|
|100%||Exact Match||The selected segment has the exact same words as a TM entry.|
|101%||ICE Match (In-Context Exact Match), sometimes called a Guaranteed Match||The selected segment has the exact same words as a TM entry. In addition, the segments before and after the selected segment are also identical to a set of three consecutive segments in the TM.|
If the Organization Setting for
Case-sensitive matching is enabled, TM matching takes into account any differences in letter casing; otherwise, casing is ignored.
Whitespace differences affect TM matching. Differences in whitespace will result in reduced match percent.
The reviewed/unreviewed status of a TM entry does not affect match prioritization.
If multiple TM entries have the same match percent, the most recently updated TM entry is prioritized.
How TM entries are added and removed to Lilt Memories
TM entries are added/modified from the associated Lilt Memory in the following situations:
- A linguist confirms a segment in the Editor.
- TM Leveraging is used to populate and confirm a segment.
- Auto-Propagation is used to populate and confirm a segment.
- Pretranslation is run to populate and confirm a segment.
- A project manager uploads a TM file to the Lilt Memory.
- A project manager adds/modifies an individual TM entry in the Lilt Memory from the
TM entries are removed from the associated Lilt Memory in the following situations: