Comments in Translation Mode
The editor allows you to add comments to segments. If you are the only translator of a given document, you can use the option to add notes, to-do lists, etc. If there are more translators, you can use comments as a space for discussion.
You can leave comments for yourself, other translators, project managers, and reviewers by pressing the comment icon next to a segment. Comments are kept in a thread so that you can keep the history. They can be edited, deleted, or resolved and contain clickable URLs, e.g. links to term definitions. Multiple comments per segment are supported.
Error Flagging in Review Mode
In review mode, the reviewer can flag segments with different errors when reviewing a document. The reviewer will select an error category and then enter a comment about the error in order to save the comment.
Please note that error flagging is mandatory when a reviewer changes anything in the target segment.
- Language Adequacy - Punctuation, typos, and spelling errors
- Text Spec - Client or Industry approved terminology
- Mistranslation - the translation is not accurate or the source text is mistranslated
- Readability - the target text has an awkward word or sentence structure
- Technical - incorrect tag placement, broken variables, or missing spaces
- Source - this category lets the PM know there is a problem with the source text
- Not an Error - there is a stylistic update or omissions/additions that do not affect the meaning
- Repeated Error - for errors repeated from TM matches, linguists don't need to add a comment for repeated errors
The reviewer has the ability to edit the error flag or the note can be resolved to delete it from the document. The errors are compiled into a revision report delivered to the translator at the end of the project with the source and target text so translators can learn from errors made during the project.
*Please note that there is only one error flag allowed per segment.