The Lilt connector for Episerver depends on two separate Episerver extension packages:
- Download and add this file to your Episerver codebase
- Add the following line to your Startup.cs
- app.UseServiceApiIdentityTokenAuthorization<ApplicationUserManager<ApplicationUser>, ApplicationUser>();
Installing and configuring these packages will enable the APIs necessary for Lilt to access and translate your data.
Once the required installation steps are complete a dedicated “lilt” user needs to be created in Episerver. This user will need read/write access to the ServiceApi.
The following needs to be provided once the user is created:
- Episerver url
- Episerver username
- Episerver password
- Episerver OAuth token (optional; in place of username/password)
There are two types of translatable content in Episerver: Pages and Blocks. These data types are implemented as extensible classes. Lilt provides support for the default/standard data types and anything that extends them.
- Lilt will check Episerver every day for new or modified content
- This content will be grouped together into projects and translated into each configured target language
- When the translations are complete Lilt will push the content back as translations of the source entity.