Lilt can integrate with Google Drive to automate the import and export of documents for translation. This article describes:
- How to set up a Lilt / Google Drive integration
- How to sync and maintain the integration
- The structure of exported documents back to Google Drive
Note: You must be a project manager to set up any integrations.
How to set up a Lilt / Google Drive integration
- Sign in to Lilt. From your profile in the main menu, select Account, Integrations, and then Google Drive.
- Fill out the appropriate information in the 'Select Google Drive configurations' screen.
- Import folders: Enter a link to your Google Drive folder that contains the documents you want to translate. This folder's settings must allow Lilt to access it.
- Imported project label: This is the name of the Project that will be generated. One Project will be generated for each language selected in "Exported Languages."
- Import schedule: Lilt will check for new content based on the selected choice.
- Exported languages: The targeted languages you want to translate the documents into. The choices here are based on Memories you have already created, and you can select one Memory per target language.
How to sync and maintain the integration
Once an integration is created, it will be listed under Google Drive on the Integrations page based on the name in "Imported projects label."
Here you can:
- Manually sync the data between Lilt and Google Drive. Lilt will immediately check the selected Google Drive folder for new content.
- Edit the settings of the integration. You can also delete the integration here.
Exporting files back to Google Drive
Translated documents will be returned to the same Google Drive folder they were imported from. Lilt exports the files with the same file name, with the translated language appended to the front of the file name.
- A document titled "emailtemplate.html" that has been translated using the language pair "en -> es" will be returned to Google Drive as a file titled "[en -> es] emailtemplate.html".
- What type of files will Lilt automatically import? What happens if I leave JPEGs in my folder?
- Lilt will only import supported files for translation. It will ignore unsupported files, including images.
- Will Lilt automatically re-import a file in Google Drive if it has been changed?
- Yes. Lilt checks for modified files in the designated Google Drive folder.