Lilt can integrate with Zendesk Articles, Categories, and Sections, to automate the import and export of pages and other content for translation. This article describes:
- How to set up a Lilt / Zendesk integration
- How to sync and maintain the integration
- The structure of exported documents back to Zendesk
Note: You must be a project administrator to set up any integrations.
How to set up a Lilt / Zendesk integration
- Sign in to Lilt. From your profile in the main menu, select Account, Integrations, and then Zendesk
- Fill out the appropriate information in the configuration screen.
- Imported projects label: This is both the name of the Project that will be generated, and the name given to this specific connection.
- Email of Zendesk account: The email used to sign into and maintain your Zendesk account.
- URL: The URL of your organization's Zendesk instance (e.g. https://lilt.zendesk.com)
- API Token: Lilt requires an API token to integrate with Zendesk. Learn more about generating a token from Zendesk's support guide here.
- Polling Schedule: Lilt will check for new content based on the selected choice.
- Target Languages: The languages you want to translate the documents into. The choices here are based on Memories you have already created.
How to sync and maintain the integration
Once an integration is created, it will be listed under Zendesk on the Integrations page based on the name in "Imported projects label."
Here you can:
- Manually sync the data between Lilt and Zendesk. Lilt will immediately check for new content.
- Edit the settings of the integration. You can also delete the integration here.
Exporting files back to Zendesk
Zendesk has a built-in model for accept translated versions of documents, and Lilt will automatically export them back to the original document.
- Do I need to give Lilt my Zendesk credentials?
- No. Lilt only needs your Zendesk email, and an API Token.
- Will Lilt automatically import the images in my Zendesk articles?
- Lilt imports content from Zendesk in JSON and HTML format, which does not include image files themselves.
- Will Lilt automatically re-import content if it is changed?
- Yes. Lilt checks for modified files in the designated Zendesk instance.