Lilt + Contentful connector enables companies to automatically push and pull web content between Contentful and Lilt. This saves you time by providing seamless localization while letting you continue to work in the systems you know.
Watch this 7-minute overview to see what Lilt + Contentful can do for you. 🎥
Enable the Lilt integration from within Contentful by following the steps below:
1. Create Contenful Management API access token: Navigate to
API Keys >
Content management tokens. Click
Generate personal token. Name the API key whatever you like, click
Generate, copy the access token, and click
2. Add Locales: Under
Locales, add the locales you want content to be localized into.
3. Configure Lilt App in Contentful: Under
Manage Apps, install and configure the Lilt app. To configure, enter the following:
- Lilt API Key: Add your Lilt API key.
- Lilt API URL: https://lilt.com/2
- Contenful DeliverManagement API access token: This is the API Key you located in step #1.
- Choose or Create a Configuration: Choose the content types you want to translate and the Lilt Memories you want to use for each language pair.
4. Add the Lilt App to the Contentful Sidebar: Navigating to
Content Model, and for each content type you want to enable the Lilt app for, open the content type, click on
Sidebar, add the Lilt app to the custom sidebar, and click
Once the connector is configured, content is moved between Lilt and Contentful as outlined in the sections below.
In Contentful, open a content piece and click the
Publish and Send for Localization button in the sidebar. The content sidebar will display the text "Ready to Start" next to each target language.
Lilt periodically checks Contentful for content that has been published and sent for localization with Lilt. When this content is found, Lilt Projects are automatically created that contain the content to be localized. Once the content is pulled into Lilt, the content sidebar in Contentful will display the text "In Progress".
Lilt periodically checks for Projects marked as "Done". When this is detected, the translated content is automatically sent back to Contentful where you can
Reject the translation. If content is rejected, it is sent back to Lilt to be fixed, including any notes you added as to why the content was rejected.