Managing your Termbases (TBs) and Translation Memories (TMs) is an important part of localization. For this reason, Lilt provides tools for adding and editing entries directly within the application.
Termbases and Translation Memories are housed inside Lilt Memories, which are managed through the
TB/TM entries can be added to a Lilt Memory in several ways:
- Uploading Memory Files directly to the Lilt Memory.
- Manually adding individual entries on the Lilt Memory's
- From inside Lilt Translate:
- TM entries are added when a segment is confirmed.
- TB entries can be added manually in the Segment Context sidebar.
TB/TM can also be exported (for backup or use outside of Lilt), as described in the Managing Your Lilt Memories article.
To edit existing TB/TM entries in a Lilt Memory, navigate into the desired Lilt Memory and open the
Manage memory page on the left sidebar.
By default, the
Manage memory page displays both TB and TM entries.
- Click the
Only termbasebutton to display only the TB entries.
- Click the
Only memorybutton to display only the TM entries.
TB entries are displayed with a TB icon .
TM entries are displayed with a TM icon .
Each entry displays the source text, target text, review state.
In addition, each entry has the following action buttons:
Delete Termbase Field: Clicking this opens a popup to confirm that you want to permanently delete the entry.
View Metadata: The metadata provides a quick display of all the information about an entry.
- Custom metadata fields are displayed below the approval status.
- At the bottom, the changelog displays history events about when and how the entry has been updated.
Edit Termbase / Edit TM: Clicking this brings up a form that allows you to edit the entry. If you make changes to an entry, make sure to click the
Update Entry button to apply the changes you’ve made.
- Source Text: Source text cannot be changed once set. Note that term matching is case-sensitive. If you need to change the source text of an entry, you can delete it and create a new entry.
- Target Text: Use this field to make changes to the translation text.
Approval Status: Use this field to change the approval status of the entry.
Reviewedentries are shown to translators in Lilt Translate.
Unreviewedentries are not shown to translators in Lilt Translate.
Custom Fields: Adding a custom field will add the custom field to all entries within the Lilt Memory. Custom fields can hold metadata to provide context to linguists about a given translation. Linguists can view metadata directly in Lilt Translate from the Segment Context Menu. Note that custom fields can also be created from the Memory Settings page, and can only be deleted from the