Target document preview is a component of the Editor's context panel. It allows users to view the target text in context of its neighboring segments, without the accompanying source text, and is structured to appear like the source text of the original document.
How it works
To open the Target document preview window, open the context panel on the Editor's right-hand side, and then select the Target document preview icon.
- Target document preview only displays the document's target text, and does not include any source text
- Only confirmed segments will be shown
- Any style formatting in the segment's source text (e.g. bold, italics) will be applied to the target text.
- The target text will be structured to match the structure of the original document, including paragraphs, line breaks, etc.
- Although Target document preview supports all file types, it does not display additional design structure beyond text (e.g. rows and columns of cells for spreadsheets, slides for presentations, etc.)
- The preview window is interactive. While the window is open, selecting a segment in the Editor will force the preview window to scroll to that same segment. Selecting a segment in the preview window will do the same to the Editor.