To speed up translation and reduce errors, Lilt automatically leverages Translation Memory (TM) to populate the target text of empty, unreviewed segments with 100% or 101% matches. This feature is called TM Leveraging.
TM Leveraging is automatically applied to all documents that share a Lilt Memory (even across Projects) each time they are opened in Lilt Translate (or when the Lilt Translate page is refreshed).
- If a segment has any target text, TM Leveraging will not be applied (TM Leveraging will not overwrite any target text).
- Segments populated by TM Leveraging will display red match annotation of
101%to indicate what kind of match was found in the TM. This match annotation will go away when the document is reopened.
- If the Project Settings option
Auto-confirm exact matches & repetitionsis enabled, segments populated by TM Leveraging will be automatically marked as confirmed. Otherwise, they will be left unconfirmed.
The following graphic displays what Lilt Translate would look like after translating "A window" to "Una ventana" in one document and then opening another document that also contains matching segments.
Segments in this example:
- "A window": This was found to be a 101% match, so TM Leveraging was used.
- "A window": This segment already had text, and so TM Leveraging was not used.
- "The bus": No matching entry was found in the associated TM, so TM Leveraging was not used.
- "A window": This was found to be a 100% match, so TM Leveraging was used.
- "The car": No matching entry was found in the associated TM, so TM Leveraging was not used.
TM Leveraging vs Auto-Propagation
TM Leveraging differs from Auto-Propagation differs following ways:
|Scope||All documents sharing a Lilt Memory||Current document open in Lilt Translate|
|Populates empty, unconfirmed segments||Yes||Yes|
|Populates filled, unconfirmed segments||No||Yes|
|Confirms the segment after populating||No/Yes1||Yes|
|Overwrites target text||No||Yes|
|Overwrites confirmed segments||No||No/Yes2|
|Displays match annotation after populating||Yes||No|
Auto-confirm exact matches & repetitions is enabled in the Project Settings, segments populated by TM Leveraging will be marked as confirmed; otherwise, they will be left unconfirmed.
2 If Forward Auto-Propagation or Backward Auto-Propagation are enabled, in addition to Auto-Propagation being applied to unconfirmed segments, Auto-Propagation will also be applied to confirmed matching segments.