LILT offers a simple user interface upload functionality for files.
Creating a Job from the Enterprise Portal
Create a new Job by navigating to the
Home tab and clicking the
New Job button in the upper-right corner. This opens up the Job creation form.
Enter Job details and upload files
The first screen of the Job creation popup form is where you fill out the Job information, add source files, and add reference materials.
- Job name: Give a name to your Job.
- Source language: Select the source language of the content being translated (this should match the language of the documents you upload).
- Target languages: Select the target language(s) you want to translate content into. Note, your default Data Source and associated Model will be used for each language.
- Desired due date (optional): Job deadlines can be different that Project due dates
- Upload documents: Upload documents you want to localize. At least one document must be uploaded to create a Job. Drag and drop files into the box, or click the
Importbutton to browse for files on your computer. You can also drag and drop a folder of documents into the box to upload all the files in the folder at once. See the file types supported section below for details on accepted file types.
- Upload reference materials (optional): Upload any relevant reference materials to aid linguists during localizing.
Documents and reference materials will be added to all Projects under this Job. Additional documents and reference materials can be manually added later, but must be added to each Project individually.
Default workflows will be applied to each uploaded project, they can be modified in Organization Settings. If you use a workflow with customer review please contact LILT
Default models will be used for each uploaded language pair.
Once finished, click the
Create button and LILT will:
- Create the Job and add it at the top of your Jobs list.
- Create a Project (within the Job) for each target language and set each Project’s state as
Ready to start.
- Populate each Project with the documents and reference materials uploaded on the first screen.
Accepted File Types
The enterprise upload feature supports a subset of LILT's accepted file types.
|.idml, .mif, and .xliff||These file extensions will never need LILT processing or filtering, meaning you can upload immediately.|
|All other supported extensions||All linked file types are supported, but first consult with your LILT account executive to ensure proper file processing.|