For self-managed customers only, Lilt has an Instant Translate Document feature that allows for easy batch translation of multiple documents (of the same source language) at the same time using Lilt’s Machine Translation (MT). This tool is convenient for when you want to quickly translate content without having to commit to using a dedicated translator and reviewer.
To access Instant Translate, open the
Jobs tab and click the
Instant translate button.
This will bring you to the Instant Translate page.
Instant Translate Document tool usage
- Select the desired source language and a target language.
- Optionally, click the
Advancedbutton and select a Lilt Memory to use for translation. Note that Translators and Reviewers only have access to Lilt's default memories. To provide them access to your organization's Lilt Memories, see the Custom Role for Instant Translate article.
- Upload one or more documents with the same source language. There are several options for uploading documents.
- Drag and drop files into the interface.
- Click the
Upload filesbutton to browse files on your computer.
- Click the
Upload a directorybutton to select an entire folder of documents to upload.
- File limitations:
- Each batch translation can contain at most 200 MB of documents.
- Supported File Types.
- Only one source language can be processed at a time. If any documents are uploading that uses a language different from the selected source language, the uploaded document will show an error: “Source language doesn’t match”.
- After adding documents, Lilt will work to upload each of the documents.
- Once all documents have been successfully upload, the text “Uploading finished” is displayed in the bottom-left with a check mark icon.
- After all documents have finished uploading, click the
Translatebutton to begin translating the documents. Lilt will work to translate each of the documents.
- Once the documents have started translating, Lilt will add a link in the notification area that you can use to return to Instant Translate at any time. While the documents are translating, you can navigate away from the translation tool and use other parts of the Lilt platform. Lilt does not send a notification when the files are ready, so you can use the original notification link to periodically check up on the translation status.
- Translated documents are displayed with a green check mark and can be downloaded individually using the
- Once all documents are translated, the progress indicator in the bottom-left will display that all files have been translated successfully, and you will now be able to use the
Download Allbutton to download the documents all at once as a ZIP file.
- In addition, when any number of documents are selected, click the
Send for human translationbutton to create a new Job with the selected documents. The Job will be filled with the raw, untranslated documents.
- To start a new batch translation job, click on the
Start overbutton in the bottom-left.